Sunday, November 26, 2017

Connections to Play

-This quote sums up a true definition of what “play” means to me! I remember as a kid playing outside all day. I remember waking up and waiting for my cousins to be dropped off and we would spend the entire day outside, and my great grandparents would be on the porch. It is sad to say that play isn’t the same as it was back when I was 5 years old, not sad to say technology has taken over! 
-This quote means that Play should be freedom from rules and structure. The kids should not have to play a certain way. My daughter has tons of toys, yet it is amazing to see what her minds come up with a box, or the conversation she has with her toys. “Let me Play”, kids need play doesn’t matter where or the time or the materials just let them play, and watch their mind explore.  
Who didn’t have one of these???? This car went everywhere!!! Nowadays kids have powerwheels, this cart you had to push on your own!!! 
Cabbage dolls and it is amazing because 29 years later and I still have this exact same doll. If I was to bring this to my class today all the kids would laugh, because it compares to nothing that they dolls are today such as American Dolls. The scent from the cabbage doll was amazing and mine has the same scent still.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...