Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Reflection : The World Forum

This week we kicked off the semester with viewing a website that stood as an international foundation The World Forum, that brought different early childhood professions together to listen to their testimonials about working with children. Two of the educators stood out the most to me was  Mrs.Airam    Dr. Stan








From Mrs. Airam I learned that her passion came from her being able to see everything that she taught her children "come to life". I can admire this because it is a great feeling when you see your students applying what they have learned. She also stated that "her students taught her just as she taught them", and this took me awhile to get but I too have learned some important messages. I have learned that I need to be gently on my words , because you never know what a child is going through and this school , and in my classroom might be the only place in which they feel safe!




From Dr. Stan I was able to really connect with him about the importance of having men in the school system. Dr. Stan stated that "men are portrayed as not accepted in the school system", which is a true statement. Yet, it is time to change that viewpoint, and start encouraging men to be more involved in the school system. Dr. Stan made a good point that we have to more inviting ourselves such as holding different events to get the men to volunteer.




Overall, it was refreshing to hear and connect with other educators around the world, and I will definitely be back to check in with more of the podcasts.




Meet People. (n.d.). Retrieved January 10, 2018, from https://connect.worldforumfoundation.org/global-cafe/meet-people/

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    The podcasting and cyber café is new for me. I was really looking forward to the podcasting this week so I can figure out how all of this work and tie it all together. It would be amazing to link up with other educators from around the world and learn ideas from them.

    ReplyDelete

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...