Thursday, August 17, 2017


 


To narrow it down to just 3 was very hard being all of the ideals are very important

NAEYC

1. I-3A.3 To support co-workers in meeting their professional needs and in their profession development.

  – I found this to be meaningful to me because I never would have made it through my first year without the help and support of my wonderful co-workers. They were always there to help me with whatever I needed and I couldn’t appreciate them more! I think in all reality you can learn more from teachers who have been through it before.

2. P-1.1 Above all, we shall not harm children. We shall not participate in practices that are emotionally damaging, physically harmful, disrespectful, degrading, dangerous, exploitative, or intimidating to children. this principle has precedence over all others in this Code.

      – This should be significant to anybody who works with children. You should be creating a safe, loving environment that nurtures physical, mental, and cognitive growth of all children. For some children, school or day care may be this safest place that they have to go or they only place that they have to go that is stable and not constantly changing. I always think of my daughter while I am at work because she goes to a daycare and just like I wouldn’t want no one to mistreat her I cannot mistreat anyone else kids.

 

DEC

3.  We shall demonstrate in our behavior and language respect and appreciation for the unique value and human potential of each child.

      – Young children are smarter than most people give them credit for. This is important to me because I watch the children in my classroom and can see the things they pick up at home from how their parents or siblings act around them. I want the kids in my class to learn proper manners and how to be a respectable citizen, not gossiping about every detail in front of them because they pick it up like sponges. Lord I have witnessed this before firsthand and it isn’t fun when that parent is complaining to the principal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 comments:

  1. I liked all three of the ideals you chose. The second one you presented P-1.1. This is so important not just in the field we work in but also in the world we live in. My son was in daycare where I worked because I was afraid of the "what ifs" and I am even more nervous now because I know where I will be working next he may not have the opportunity to be in the same center has I am. I would hope that his teachers follow these Ideals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. My favorite ideal was "We shall not participate in practices that are emotionally damaging, physically harmful, disrespectful, degrading, dangerous, exploitative, or intimidating to children" (naeyc.org). This is so important as educators we must never have a negative climate in our classrooms. Thats why it is important that teachers refrain from using the words no, can't, and don't in the classroom. We should never scream or call a child's name from across the room. We should never use sarcasm when speaking to or about children. We must be mindful of what we say around young children, and leave our baggage at the door. Children can sense your attitude, and read your body language when you are in a bad mood. We must respect the child, our colleagues, and the school community as a whole. Lastly, "never help a child with a task the he/or she can do themselves"-Dr. Maria Montessori. As educators we must never become a hindrance to the child's growth. It is our job to promote learning by guiding the children on their educational journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I really enjoyed your blog post for this week. We both chose the same two ethic codes from NAEYC. I experienced both sides of having the support of a co-workers and the lack of support. I wouldn’t have made it through the year at the previous preschool I worked at if it wasn’t for co-workers outside my classroom that continued to encourage and support me. We definitely have to keep our attitudes at home. Children pick up on everything. Children are very impressionable during their early childhood years so we have to be sensitive to that. I believe where I struggle with that is when the behavior isn’t being reinforced at home. So not only are the behaviors not being redirected at home, but that children are exposing their fellow classmates to the behavior. Which is rising concerns to other parents when their child picks up on something at school and they haven’t done at home before. As educators when have to view our self as mirrors. Whatever we are projecting will be reflected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, it was a hard decision because both NAEYC and the DEC's code of ethical standards are very important. I agree that we need to provide each other with support. It is so easy to talk about someone who may not be performing well at work, when what we should be doing is helping to lift them up! That person may have a ton of mess going on at home and just need a few words of encouragement. Teaching isn't easy, but we are all human.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was happy to hear that your co workers were so supportive of you that first. I think some of my co-workers could take a lesson from that. It is imperative we support and encourage each other so this field will thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading your blog through our 6005 course together, the resources you have provided were helpful and thank you for putting your opinions, showing us your family and presenting your E.C.E.knowledge to us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I've really enjoyed reading your blog and your thoughts you have shared. I hope that you continue to live your passion and dreams. i know that you will have a big impact in the early childhood field because you're very passionate and put your heart in your writing. I wish you the best and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...