Friday, September 8, 2017





December 11th .....Lord what a day!!!!!


My daughter arrival was something very scary, and I am so glad I made the decision to have C-section. I was induced due to high blood pressure, and after 12 hours no activity was made. My doctor came into the room and said I have two options either try another inducement in the morning or I could go in for a C-section. I was thinking to myself  "it isn't no way that I could restart again tomorrow", so I made the decision to go ahead with the C-section. When kylie came out , her umbilical cord was wrapped around her head twice. Had I not made that decision, kylie could of died because their was no true indications that anything was wrong.
                                                            THAT'S MY STORY


After researching other pregnancies in other countries I was very interested to learn about China. In China the poor mothers have to placed with other moms in the same room during active labor. I think this takes away from the special moments of birth.


In Uganda, pregnancy is a test of endurance. Fear and complaining about pregnancy is seen as a childish emotion. I was really shocked at this statement because who could say what level a women's pain is ? I did not go through much pain, but everyone is different.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog, Thanks for sharing your birthing experience with us! I was able to relate to how you felt during labor. My son was also born with the umbilical cord wrapped twice around his neck, and I gave natural birth so it affected his breathing. It has also had a long term effect on his development. I always believed that I should have be given a cesarean. When I had my daughter 2 years afterwards I had a caesarean due to similar complications, and she's completely healthy. I can just relate to how you felt that day, and I am glad that your daughter is healthy and thriving!

    ReplyDelete

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...