Monday, September 11, 2017

Image result for Breastfeeding Posters

Breastfeeding was not easy for me at all. However, one of the main reason I choose to breastfeed is for all the benefits that my baby would have and I would have. I attended a breastfeeding support group and the lactation coach was an amazing woman who not only educated the mothers on the importance, but she was a example of the great benefits from breastfeeding. Routine is everything when nursing and it is best that you try to put your baby on a nursing schedule, so you won't get so wore out thinking all the baby is doing is eating,  My lactation coach taught me how to co-sleep and nurse at the same time, which helpless with newborn nights.

I located this interesting article about a woman who was scared to go back to visit her family in Jordan, because of how she would be viewed in public. She talked about her first three attempts to breastfeed and how others looked at her. It wasn't until the fifth time that she became more open to breastfeed in public. One thing about the woman is that she always would be dressed appropriately  when she did feed outside. In Jordan it is a custom for women to embrace breastfeeding and some say that breastfeeding is actually a law in Arab and it is to not be ashamed of.
http://www.incultureparent.com/2012/04/breastfeeding-in-jordan/

No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...