Monday, September 25, 2017

You would think in 2017 Racism wouldnt exist .........

I don't know about you all but I am very tired of watching the news in the morning and hearing about races acts that are hurting our country instead of building our country. Clearly it stats that the United States is the "land of the free", and the "land of the brave". Yet nothing of this true and the erects are hateful acts because of the color of our skins and no law can change unless we change our mentality.
Just this last week I had a mutual friend of Facebook involved into a church shooting, and the first thing I heard people on social media taught about was the color of his skin. We have to stop blaming a race when crisis like this happen in our world. Can we think about what the person was going through before we blame it on his race? We have the President Trump , who clearly is attempting to build a wall to prevent people from coming in ! I just think all of this is so sad, and to have children grow up in a world full of hate is scary.


Yet, the United States is not alone. Racism is effecting more places such as South Africa and Japan. In South Africa some "rates of products and goods are decided depending on the race of a person" (Shah, 2010).  I couldn't imagine this to happen to me. Take for instance milk for my daughter, what if it was higher than a white person buying It, I would be shocked. In Japan, which is considered one of the richest countries, they are known to have a "low tolerance for refuges and people from other countries"( Shah, 2010). It is almost as they think they are better than everyone else.


                                                   Crazy world huh?
Racism. (2010, September). Retrieved September 25, 2017, from http://www.globalissues.org/article/165/racism

No comments:

Post a Comment

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...