Monday, July 10, 2017

If Parents only knew sometimes that they are hurting their children.....



Had student this year and I honestly felt so horrible for him. To begin with He was very behind in every stage of growth, and the saddest part was that the mom was the problem. She was in denial and didn't want to get her son services, but it was clear he needed services that our school couldn't provide unless she attend the meeting. My school is a low poverty area, so I was used to certain backgrounds, but not one where the mom is in denial. I cast no judgment on any child, because my daughter is just two years old, and anything can happen to her as she is developing. However, what I won't do is deny my child help if she needs it. He struggled so much , and I just felt so bad for him , because he had potential to improve in his class , but his mother was hindering him. He came and diapers the first two weeks, and I worked my butt off to get him in underwear.  The saying goes "It starts at home" and I really wish she had more time to help him and stay on the same schedule that we set for him. It hurts that alot of parents that we have in our school system are like this and I will never understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I hear you! On several occasions I have had a student in my class that was clearly in need of special services, and the parent simply refused to listen to reason.

    Nancy Wright

    ReplyDelete

You never know !!!

This week I had the pleasure of learning sooooo much about what it means to be in poverty, and homeless! I guess this is what inspir...